Contact Us (314) 241-2500

What Happens To The Money On My Child's Injury Settlement

A minor receiving a settlement almost always requires court approval.  This court approval protects the parent and the lawyer from being wrongly accused of messing with the child's funds and also preserves the money for when the child comes of age.

There are strategies available to avoid the hassles of Probate Court and the necessity of filing court reconciliations and related tax returns.   Special needs trusts can be utilized to safely protect the child's assets until the child is mature enough to handle and invest the funds; or to use the funds for educational purposes. 

If your child has been injured we are here to help get you though the mine fields and to provide piece of mind.

Give us a call at 314-241-2500.  We are here to help in all St. Louis Metropolitan area accident cases.