Contact Us (314) 241-2500

Personal Injury Lawyer's Blog

What is a subrogation interest?

Posted by Alvin Wolff | Feb 25, 2014 | 0 Comments

When a person has medical bills as a result of someone else's fault, it can be a tricky situation.  Often times, our clients' health insurance companies want to get paid back for the bills it has paid.  This is called a subrogation interest.  A health insurance company will send a letter requesting notification for any car crash, and sometimes for slip and falls or other situations where there could be coverage from someone else.

We do everything we can to ensure that your health insurance company will be notified to make sure that if they want to get paid back, we deal with them and take the problem off of your hands.  Sometimes, we are even able to negotiate the amount that you owe to your own insurance company to maximize your recovery.

If you are involved in a car crash or are otherwise injured through no fault of your own, keep your eyes peeled for paperwork from your insurance company.  If they want their money back, notify your attorney so that he or she can do everything to make sure that at the end of your claim, all loose ends are accounted for and you can move forward worry free.

About the Author

Alvin Wolff

Alvin has been in practice for nearly 40 years. During that time, he has handled over 7000 cases and claims and has tried over 100 cases to a jury verdict. Alvin handles all sorts of injury claims, from car crashes, medical malpractice, slip & trip & falls, to dog bites, incorrect prescri...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment